Friday, March 25, 2011

The Notice Goes Up....

Bueno, today I picked up an envelope at the post office, from the Municipality of Chatham Kent, containing:  a yellow notice to be posted at the roadside of our property; a receipt for the cost of actions taken; and an official Municipality letter about our intentions - a zoning change to allow operation of a 3 room bed and breakfast. 

This means our neighbours will receive their letter of our intentions also.  I've laid a bit of groundwork:  visits with muffins, breakfast breads, scones and a short spiel..... maybe you've heard we'd like to open a small bed and breakfast, just 3 rooms, seasonally, for birders and their ilk, just a neighbourly visit to say, don't worry, there'll be no changes, no additions will be made to the house........

So, hopefully, no one will turn up at the Council meeting early in April, showering on our parade.   

I'm making slipcovers for the leather parson's chairs in the sunroom dining area - more accurately - I'm making an abysmal mess of making slipcovers. 

First attempt:  finished to the point of hemming - tried it on the chair - toooo tight.  Reread pattern directions:  wrong chair - not a parson's chair, but the thinner back chair.  Shit/damn, rip, repeat.

Second attempt:  correct chair type, worked up to the point of sewing in the side panels on the upper chair front - cannot read the directions.  Something rounded is to be sewn to be something so squarish that I know I'm just not getting this.

Third attempt:  call sister Ting, who's a professional.  She'll save me.

God, but I'd like to just dump this one on somebody, but I can sew, have always sewn, just finished the curtains for one of the bedrooms..... and can use that money for something else - that I can't do.  So Ting'll get me back on the right track and I'll finish them. 

Make curtains for the green bedroom... turned out great.  A very 40s look, billowing, sheerish, just need the roller shade now.

Finished the first panel of the blue bedroom curtains, but I don't like the two pattern effect like I do in the green bedroom.  So these will be redone again, with just the single fabric - a crisp, Laurenesque striped cotton.

Still have the sinus infection - I think it can claim naturalized citizen status by now.  Yesterday I read an article about a cancer survivor in a charity fashion show... she had thought that she had sinusitis, but it turned out to be stage 4 sinus cancer.  Very rare in women, usually suffered by men who smoke or work in a paint manufactory.  She was diagnosed in time, underwent half a year of chemo and other treatments, and is now cancer-free.  I am susceptibility incarnate - and am now convinced I have stage 4 sinus cancer.... she listed all her symptoms....

I have them allI always do. 

I'll be making an appointment, initially because my optometrist said, when examining my eyes a couple of week ago, that I should have my cholesterol checked as there was an indication of it during my examination.  Since patients can only ask on two concerns, I'll do the cholesterol with a sinus chaser.

Seems like this week I'm minoring in hypochondria, majoring in screwed up seamstressery, with an extra credit in suck-up zoning paranoia.

And tomorrow, vino & birthday lunch with 3 bio-sisters, vino & designer pizzas with 3 soul-sisters.  Sunday - I sew.


No comments:

Post a Comment